Okay time to take your best guess. How will it all end? No idea is too wild.. give your imagination wings! Come along with me while I flesh out my guess.
Here is what we know…
* TV Guide tells us that Sookie will choose between Eric and Bill and episode 10 seems to hint in that direction to.
* The teaser trailer shows Bill and Eric burning at the stake.
* We have a warning from Gran’s spirit warning Sookie not to fall in love with Eric as the situation would only be temporary. We previously thought this must be about the amnesia but Eric got his memories back and both parties established that it didn’t change how they felt (disregarding Bill for the moment). Either Gran didn’t know what she was talking about or she meant something else.
* Also from the teaser trailer we know Sookie and Pam are in hysterics during the last eppy.
* We have Alan Ball stating that main characters will die during the finale.
“It’s more than one death – people we know and love – and it’s pretty shocking.”
* We also have this tidbit from Alan:
“You’re going to think things are finished when they are not”.
* We also know from advance spoilers that Russell Edgington will be back next season. Who digs him up and for what purpose? While some sources have said he will not appear in the finale we did hear from AB himself that a despised character would make a terrifying comeback.
* We know from season three that Russell believed he could bring his dead vampire husband Talbot back to life. This is why he held on to that candy jar of Talbot goo.
So where am I going with all this? This is the thought that I had:
I think that it is quite possible that Sookie will have to choose which vampire to save at the stake. Her judgement will be clouded by the Bill blood she consumed and she will choose Bill. Eric will die. Gran knew this was going to happen and she tried to warn Sookie. Being racked with guilt and the realization of what she has done, Sookie will tell Bill she cannot be with him and say goodbye. She will be crying about this and about losing Eric in the scene we saw in the trailer. Pam will be mourning her maker. Sookie will remember Russell and his belief that he could bring Talbot back and she will dig him up or enlist help to dig him up so that she can somehow use him to bring Eric back to life for season five. And he WOULD be back.
All the clues fit together perfectly and it would be a totally shocking finale. What do you think? Crazy?
Have any finale theories of your own to discuss?